I started with a frame that the hubs made by glueing together two pieces of tongue and groove and a simple frame nailed on top. You could make this on any surface at all though. I have no swanky vinyl cutter (although it is on my wish list!!) so here is my method using good ol scotch tape.
Instructions go like this...
1. Find and print an image and cut to size for your frame.
2. Scotch tape the surface area of the frame and press firmly.
3. Stick the image down on top of the scotch tape prepped frame.
4. Using a craft knife carefully trace the image and cut firmly so that the scotch tape underneath is scored. Remove the scotch tape (you can use this technique to paint the outside of the silhouette too by removing the outside scotch tape) and your 'stencil' is now complete.
6. Allow the paint to dry a bit and then peel off the remaining scotch tape. Voila! You are done!
This little guy is just hanging out up here until he has some brothers and sisters for a mini silhouette gallery wall.
Thanks for stopping by!