Friday, August 3, 2012

From the archives...

Here's a wee update from the archives. Back in my pre-blogging days, well way back... since my blogging days only began a few weeks ago, and this was a project I did about 2 years ago!

I bought a wall unit off trade me, for $40 from memory....

Here it is...

This is, as the theme may be, the best and only before picture I have...

And then I painted it, and a bit of bright white and blackboard paint later it looked like this....





And then I wish I could say it lived happily ever after...

However not all stories have happy endings.

This is one of the pieces of furniture that did not survive the shipping route to Dunedin. It arrived, however one drawer was missing never to be seen again, and it was battered beyond use able repair.

This unit did brighten our space during it's short life, and I was definitely sad to bid it farewell.

I am sure I will find time to up cycle another piece just like this one day as I just loved the stark contrast between the black and white, and of course the extra storage space and open shelves to display my gorgeous tea sets that I inherited from my late great grandmother Narnie. The tea sets which for the time being sinfully live wrapped up in newspaper in a cardboard box, until they may see the light of day once more...

linking to...

4 comments:

  1. Love this!! What a great idea :) Hopping over form SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely cupboard!! So sad it no longer resides with you! Thanks so much for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging. I love this little cupboard and that you have the chalkboard on the doors and it is sooo cool! I read your other post you talked about 'trade me'... You need to tell me/ US about this Trade me...and let me know what that is! I've never heard of it?
    Is it like Craig's List... I love Craig and his incredibly long list...he he he!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, oh yes indeed Trade Me is like the New Zealand version Craigs (long) List - you are right I must share about what it is - I could probably do a house tour of all of my upcycled trade me purchases!

      Delete